Tuesday, April 11, 2017

A Message from Congresswoman Mia Love
9:42 AM

A Message from Congresswoman Mia Love

It’s a privilege to represent the businesses in Utah’s 4th District, and I appreciate the support you’ve given me as I represent our state in Congress.  

Financial Services Committee
On the Financial Services committee, I am actively working with Chairman Jeb Hensarling on the Committee’s goal to relieve banks of the burdens imposed by the Dodd-Frank Act.  Overregulation affects business owners by limited access to credit.  The reform bill, ‘The Choice Act’ will do away with the worst parts of the economy-smothering Dodd-Frank reforms, a welcome step toward restoring sanity to our financial markets and businesses.

Health Care Reform
The failure of H.R. 1628 (The American Health Care Act) to come to a vote on the floor of the House of Representatives is by no means the end to the health care debate on Capitol Hill.  I can tell you that House leadership is in the process of regrouping and finding ways we can reform the healthcare system, which continues to take choices away and get more expensive.  Here is the text of a statement I released after the bill was pulled.

“It is unfortunate that this opportunity has passed to bring healthcare to a vote in the House of Representatives.  I worked with the President and House leadership to make the bill the best it could be for Utah families and small businesses.  This was a great opportunity to offer Utahns access to better healthcare alternatives, lower premiums, to remove federal red tape and give states flexibility to design the programs for our residents. I will continue to work to ensure Americans have the best healthcare options available in another way.”

Spirit of Enterprise Award
I was honored to receive the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Spirit of Enterprise Award this month.  The award is based on my votes on critical business legislation as outlined in the Chamber’s annual scorecard.  My votes are based on a belief that local business owners are the lifeblood of Utah’s economy, and I will continue to do everything I can to ensure those businesses succeed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment